This memory bear sewing pattern is designed to make a teddy bear from many types of fabric, including old clothes such as knit t-shirts, light sweaters, etc. Transform your loved one’s clothes into an everlasting keepsake toy!
I made the light frey one from old t-shirts and the charcoal one from old sweaters.
The patterns are full size and included seam allowances. All you need is a printer with several sheets of A4 or Letter paper to print them out.
The clear and easy step-by-step tutorial provided with the memory bear sewing pattern, will guide you throughout.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Basic sewing experience
- This pattern
- A couple of old clothes
- Optional: 1 yard of light-weight fusible interfacing to stabilize knit fabric
- Dark fabric scrap for the nose
- Two black buttons for the eyes, 10 mm
- Coordinating embroidery floss for stitching mouth
- Polyfill for stuffing
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine
- General sewing requirements
IF YOU USE NEW FABRIC, YOU’LL ALSO NEED:
- ⅓ yard (30 cm) of 44″ (112 cm) wide main fabric
- 11″ (28 cm) of 20″ (50 cm) wide contrasting fabric
THIS PDF MEMORY BEAR SEWING PATTERN (14.1 mb) INCLUDES:
- 5 sheets of full size pattern
- Layout sheet for using new fabric
- Step by step instructions in English, with 50+ color photos
- A guide on how to use pattern
GET IT ON ETSY
(Please note this is a PDF file ONLY
and not a finished product.)